Juan Roberto Fuentes
Title: Managing Partner
Mr. Juan Robert0 Fuentes is the founder of The Fuentes Firm P.C. He dedicates his practice to the representation of motor carriers. He has practiced civil litigation in Texas since 1999 and is admitted to practice in all state and federal jurisdictions in Texas. Mr. Fuentes has been selected as a 2020 Super Lawyer. Each year, only 5% of Texas attorneys are nominated to join this prestigious list. In addition, Texas Super Lawyers has honored Mr. Fuentes as a Rising Star in the area of Transportation law for 2012, 2013 and 2014.
His litigation experience includes achievement of defense verdicts against plaintiffs in personal injury claims, favorable decisions from Texas Courts of Appeal upholding trial court decisions in his client’s favor, and legal representation of motor carrier interests before the Texas Supreme Court. Additionally, Mr. Fuentes acts as corporate counsel for motor carriers in matters relating to safety, commercial driver contracts, shipping contracts, brokerage agreements, employment matters and cargo claims.
Mr. Fuentes, who is bilingual in Spanish, is a graduate of the University of Texas, where he received a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy in 1996. After graduating from the University of Texas, he studied law at the University of Houston Law Center and earned his Juris Doctorate law degree in December 1998. He is licensed by the Supreme Court of Texas since May 1999.
Mr. Fuentes serves as the Chairman of the Texas Trucking Association’s Ad Hoc Tort Reform Committee and remains actively involved in the Texas legislative process, advocating for reforms to protect the trucking industry from abusive litigation. Previously, he was an Officer of the Texas Transportation Association’s Emerging Leaders Council, serving as the American Trucking Association Liaison.
- Juan Roberto Fuentes Named 2020 Super Lawyer
- The Reason FMCSA Allows Truck Drivers To Use Hands-Free Devices.
- Separation of Brokerage and Motor Carrier Operations
- Supreme Court of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Laredo Motor Carriers Association
- Texas Trucking Association – Board of Directors and Board of Trustees
- American Trucking Association
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
Conferences & Seminars
- Transportation Lawyers Institute Conference, November 9th, 2018
- Transportation Lawyers Association Annual Conference & CTLA Midyear Meeting, April 26th-29th, 2017
- American Bar Association Transportation Megaconference XIII, March 8th, 2017
- Transportation Lawyers Association Regional Seminar & Casualty Insurance Boot Camp, January 19th-20th, 2017
- Transportation Law Institute, November 4th, 2016
- Texas Trucking Association Annual Conference, July 27th-29th, 2016
Speaking Engagements and Presentations
- Guest star on Legal Grounds – Conversations on Life, Leadership & Law
- Testified before the Judiciary Committee in support of House Bill 2301, Texas Trucking Association, April 11th, 2017
- Tort Reform Presentation, Texas Trucking Association, Ho9uston Chapter monthly luncheon, January 2017
- Tort Reform Presentation, Laredo Motor Carriers Association monthly meeting, 2017
- Speaking engagement at Texas Trucking Association Safety Management Conference, Texas Trucking Association, September 16th, 2016
- Legislative Regulatory Support Panel Discussion, Texas Trucking Alliance, Texas Trucking Association Annual Conference, July 27th, 2016
- In Re North Cypress, State Bar of Texas, 35th Annual Advanced Personal Injury Law Course, July 25th, 2019, August 8th, 2019, and September 5th, 2019
- Ethics in a Transparent World, Robert Fuentes and Richard P. Griffin; Transportation Lawyers Institute, Arlington, Virginia, November 4, 2011.
- Preventable Accident Determination, a Relic of the Past and Unnecessarily Damaging Your Future, Ronald L. Bair and Robert Fuentes; Published in the Transportation Law Journal, April 2010, Volume 11, Number 5.