Ms. Rankin’s areas of expertise include a unique blend of transactional law and real estate practice. She is well versed in handling all aspects of commercial contracts, from the documents businesses need for day to day operations, to mergers and acquisitions. Ms. Rankin also advises clients on how best to structure their companies to achieve the strongest results, protecting company assets and ownership interests. Additionally, Ms. Rankin guides clients through the commercial real estate process, assisting them with all aspects of the transaction, including purchase agreement and lease drafting and review, due diligence, title commitment and survey analysis, and all other elements of a real estate transaction through closing.
Ms. Rankin also works with companies in the negotiation and drafting of employment agreements and provides advice regarding employment contracts, the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII and best practices for employment policies and procedures.
Areas of Practice
- Transactional Law
- Commercial Real Estate
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas.
Juris Doctor, May 2005
Activities: Journal of Consumer Law, Student Editor-in-Chief
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas.
Bachelor of Music, Magna Cum Laude; May 1995
- Texas State Courts
- United States District Court (Southern District of Texas, Northern District of Texas and Western District of Texas)
- United States Tax Court
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- World Affairs Council of Houston
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association Teach for Texas Committee (2015-2016, 2016-2017)