Mr. Brian Schrumpf’s practice is concentrated in the trucking and transportation industry. Mr. Schrumpf focuses in the areas of cargo claims, freight charge claims, contracts, and mergers & acquisitions. Mr. Schrumpf also handles insurance issues, corporate compliance, and corporate structuring. He is a member of the American Trucking Associations and Conference of Freight Counsel.
Mr. Schrumpf began working as a Law Clerk for The Fuentes Firm in March 2013, and he was licensed to practice law in November 2013. Since then, Mr. Schrumpf has dedicated his practice to defending and protecting motor carriers, brokers, freight forwarders, and other transportation-related companies.
Mr. Schrumpf is a graduate from the University of Houston Law Center, where he was awarded the Dean’s Scholarship, served as a Student Attorney for the University of Houston Law Center Civil Practice Clinic, and worked as an Editor for the Houston Journal of Health Law and Policy.
Mr. Schrumpf attended Texas A&M for his undergraduate degree, where he studied psychology and business. He then moved to New York City where he obtained a Masters of Science in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from the City University of New York.
- Collecting Freight Charges When A Broker Doesn’t Pay
- Minimizing Freight Broker Liability for Loss or Damage to Cargo.
- The Protections of Pre-injury Release Agreements.
- Certificate Holder, Additional Insured, Loss Payee – What they are and who needs them.
- Limiting Motor Carrier Liability for Loss or Damage to Cargo to $500 via COGSA.
- Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Conference of Freight Counsel
- Texas Trucking Association, Emerging Leaders Council 2015-2017
- American Trucking Association
Conferences & Seminars
- Laredo Motor Carriers Association NAFTA Update, January 18, 2017
- Conference of Freight Counsel Meeting, January 6-8, 2018
- Conference of Freight Counsel Meeting, June 10-12, 2017
- TXTA Annual Call on Washington, February 9-11, 2016
- TXTA Annual Conference, August 4-6, 2015
- TXTA Management Conference for Texas Trucking Executives, May 18-19, 2015
- TLA Annual Conference & CTLA Mid Year Meeting, May 6, 2014
- Trucking Executives Management Conference, December 8-10, 2014
- ATA Management Conference & Exhibition, October 4-8, 2014
- TLA Annual Conference & CTLA Mid Year, April 29 – May 3, 2014
- Federal Court Practice 2013, March 16, 2014
- Prosecuting or Defending a Trucking or Auto Accident, December 5-6, 2013