The Fuentes Firm specializes in defending transportation companies in complex civil litigation involving casualty and catastrophic collision cases. The Litigation Associate will have the opportunity to handle challenging legal work for many of the leading companies within our industry.
Compensation for the Litigation Associate will be based upon experience. Along with a competitive compensation package, we also offer the opportunity to work with a group of highly intelligent and motivated lawyers. We are growth-oriented and provide our lawyers with a partnership track, challenging cases, the opportunity to go to trial, and the resources to support continuous improvement.
Responsibilities of the Litigation Associate(including, but not limited to)
- Taking depositions
- Preparing for and attending trials
- Negotiating settlements and mediation presentations
- Developing successful defense strategies
- Court appearances
- Client reporting
- Drafting motions and other legal writing
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be licensed to practice law and in good standing in Texas;
- 3 years or more of litigation experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dedication to quality work product
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Consistently demonstrates a strategic and practical application of the law
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
The Fuentes Firm is a recognized leader in the transportation industry. We embody our values of excellence, service, growth, accountability, and teamwork.This is the foundation of who we are.
We have impacted the personal injury arena with our role in the In re North Cypress Texas Supreme Court precedent, a recent substantial verdict on behalf of an Austin trucking company against the largest Plaintiffs firm in Texas, and a recent South Texas trial victory in a trucking case where the Plaintiffs asked for $1.3 million, and through our exposure of the fraudulent nature of the claims, they were awarded only $10,000. We will continue to reach new heights and are looking for our next team member that will help us continue to grow and serve our clients and community.
For more information please visit fuentesfirm.com/careers/